Last New Year’s, I:
- drank far, far too much
- was apparently a charming if talkative loon when drunk
- ended up barfing in between either 1) apologizing to my food for not giving it a better, more permanent home or 2) explaining the plot for the best fanfic idea EVAR
- learned the true meaning of a hangover
This New Year’s, I:
- listened to the resident organist play for First Night in Boston
- shared a glass and a kiss at the stroke of midnight
- joined friends in the Berkshires for assorted goofiness
- watched fire poi and fire staff work (and no one was set on fire)
- talked plots and characters and ideas with many creative people
- attempted to convince a toddler to finish his food, which through a series of events too embarrassing to go into resulted in me being dubbed “Chicken Dance”
- demonstrated the Chicken Dance for those who had never seen it
- thoroughly enjoyed my role as Horrible Aunt Maggie
2010 was a very good year with an inauspicious start. So far, 2011 has been much better. Let’s hope that continues.
Except for maybe the Chicken Dance. I can do without that.